Regeneration in Belfast City Centre
A thriving city centre is vital to the prosperity of the entire city and region. We are leading on a number of regeneration projects which reimagines the city centre to create a healthy, shared, vibrant and sustainable environment.
The Belfast City Centre Regeneration and Investment Strategy (BCCRIS) outlines this exciting vision and forms the blueprint for these regeneration projects. Shaped by extensive engagement with stakeholders and adopted as the regeneration policy for Belfast City Centre, this strategy sets out our collective ambition for the continued growth and regeneration of the city centre and its surrounding areas until 2030.
The key aims of the strategy are to:
- increase the employment population
- increase the residential population
- manage the retail offering
- maximise tourism opportunities
- create a regional learning and innovation centre
- create a green centre, accessible to cyclists and walkers
- connect to the city around
- enhance shared space and social impact
Some of the key strategic projects which we're working on to shape our city centre eco system to create a more dynamic place to live, work, visit and invest include:
- Five Special Action Areas
- Inner North West Masterplan
- Linen Quarter Masterplan
- East Bank Development Strategy
- Belfast Entries project
- City Centre Connectivity Study – A Bolder Vision for Belfast
- Accelerating City Centre Living
- Future City Centre Programme
- Car Parking Strategy
Public and private sector stakeholders also have a vital role to play in delivering this strategy, and we continue to work in partnership and collaboratively to implement the strategy for the benefit of every citizen in Belfast.
Read the strategy