We can issue fixed penalty notices for abandoned and nuisance vehicles under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act (Northern Ireland) 2011.
We can issue:
- a £200 fixed penalty to the vehicle owner, and
- a seven day notice to remove the vehicle, after which we can remove and dispose of it.
Report an abandoned vehicle
You can report an abandoned vehicle to us. We will work with the police and the Driver Vehicle Agency (DVA) to trace the owner and decide which action to take.
Please read the terms and conditions for online services and our privacy statement
Abandoned vehicles must be abandoned on the public highway, we cannot enter private properties to remove vehicles.
Please provide us with as much information as possible about the vehicle, including:
- make and model (for example, Renault Clio)
- registration number
- exact location
- approximate length of time it has been there.
Report a nuisance vehicle
A nuisance vehicle is when a business causes an obstruction by having vehicles on the road.
For example if the business is:
- selling two or more vehicles within 500m of each other on a road
- carrying out repairs to vehicles on a street.
If we find a business causing an obstruction in this way we can fine them £100.
To report a nuisance vehicle call us on 028 9027 0650 or email email@example.com