Help shape a Belfast that tourists will love to visit
You can take part in a short creative exercise to help us shape the visitor experience of the future.
The exercise, co-ordinated by consultants CHL, involves looking at several Belfast visitor profiles on a portal, selecting one and imagining the perfect holiday for them in Belfast in 2031.
To take part, go to 'A City Exploring' on the YourSay platform (link opens in a new window).The online exercise finishes on 11 April 2021.
In our cultural strategy, A City Imagining, we recognised the importance of cultural tourism in our city's economy. Through storytelling, we can offer visitors authentic, local and cultural experiences.Our citizens, neighbourhoods and local communities are central to telling these stories.
Our cultural strategy outlines four priorities for tourism in Belfast:
• enhancing and enriching the visitor experience
• supporting tourism development across the city’s neighbourhoods
• focusing our tourism marketing and communications
• supporting skills development to enhance tourism growth and development
We’ve developed an implementation plan for 2020-2023 to deliver our cultural strategy. To ask for a copy, contact us by email: email@example.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had a devastating impact on tourism. Our tourism activity will include:
• developing a Visitor Experience Plan for Belfast
• working with delivery partners to support the development of tourism across our neighbourhoods
• supporting capacity-building and skills development with an emphasis on digital skills
• working with Visit Belfast on marketing, visitor servicing and business tourism
But during coronavirus (COVID-19), we might need to change our tourism plans to support stabilisation and recovery.
Visitor Experience Plan
This ten-year plan will align with Tourism NI’s ‘Embrace A Giant Spirit’ destination brand and Belfast’s own brand, incorporating key learnings from the pandemic. It will facilitate a holistic approach to inclusive growth for the tourism sector and complement plans for the Belfast Destination Hub, Belfast’s transformational tourism project at the heart of the Belfast City Region Deal.
It’s important groups and organisations work together to make sure the tourism industry adopts sustainable practices at all levels.
We’re working in partnership with Visit Belfast and other stakeholders to develop a citywide plan for long-term change.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more information on what to see and do in Belfast from visitBelfast.