Consumer Advice Service
We advise that we would never make such a call and advise that you never give bank or personal details out to callers who contact you out of the blue, claiming they wish to give you money.
For further advice, please read the Which? consumer rights article on how to spot a scam.
What we provide
Our consumer advice service provides free specialist advice to consumers and traders in Belfast on issues like:
- faulty goods
- substandard service
- home maintenance and repairs
- consumer credit purchases
- holidays and other consumer goods and services.
They can also help by:
- providing advice
- advising on making a complaint
- drafting letters on your behalf
- following up your complaint
- keeping you up to date with consumer law
- helping you with the Small Claims Court process or to pursue a resolution using the alternatives to court in Northern Ireland.
If you have a consumer issue email, phone or call in to our consumer advice service.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am to 2pm
Opening hours may vary. If you can, check with us before you visit the centre by calling us on 028 9027 0525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request consumer advice