Equality of opportunities
As a public authority, we have a duty to promote equality of opportunities and good relations. Our equality scheme is our commitment to fulfil our Section 75 duties towards people who might experience inequality. We also have equality and diversity-related action plans to make equality central to our policy and decision-making processes.
Why we have an equality scheme
Our equality scheme outlines our arrangements for:
• assessing our compliance with Section 75 duties
• assessing and consulting people on the likely impact our policies have on promoting equality of opportunity
• monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promoting equality of opportunity
• publishing the results of our assessments
• training staff
• assessing public access to information and services we provide
We have in place necessary resources such as people, time and money, to make sure:
• we can comply with our statutory duties
• we implement the equality scheme effectively, and on time
You can read a summary of our equality scheme.
How to get copies of our equality scheme
Our equality scheme is published in full, in summary and in Easy Read. You can read these online.
You can ask for the publication in print, as an email copy, in an accessible format such as Braille, audio, large print, Easy Read or in other languages.
Equality and Diversity Framework 2017-2021
Promoting equality and good relations improve the quality of life for everyone in Belfast, making our city a better place to live, work, socialise and do business. We want to make sure that fairness, inclusion and respect are central to our policy-making process and underpin all our activities.
Our Equality and Diversity Framework includes all equality and diversity related action plans and ensures that equality is central to our policy and decision-making processes.
To ask for a copy of our Equality Scheme or Equality and Diversity Framework contact the Equality and Diversity officer by email email@example.com