How to report a problem with your bin
You can report a:
- missed bin collection
- lost, stolen or burnt bin
- damaged bin
- bin spillage
- bin wasn't returned to its collection point
Report a problem with your bin online
Please read the terms and conditions for online services and our privacy statement.
Missed bin collection
If you think we've missed your bin, please contact us the day after your normal collection day, as your bin may not be collected until 8pm. We will investigate the circumstances of your missed collection and if appropriate, we'll arrange another collection.
Before you report your bin, please check your collection day.
We may not have collected your bin because:
- it wasn't left out on time. Leave your bin out by 7am and keep it out until 8pm if it hasn't been collected
- you've put the wrong materials in your bin
- your collection is on a public holiday when collection times change. See holiday bin collections.
- your bin was too heavy
- it had no lid or the lid was not fully closed
- our bin lorry has broken down
- bad weather stopped us collecting your bin.
- we couldn’t get access to your street due to parked cars.
Stolen or burnt bin
If you think your bin has been stolen, please contact the police. If it has been stolen or burnt as a result of antisocial behaviour, you may be entitled to a new bin free of charge.
You will need a PSNI reference number to order a new bin. Once you get this number, select the burnt or stolen option in the order a new bin online form.
If you need help, please call us on 028 9027 0230.
If you think your bin has been damaged by one of our lorries, we can investigate further.
To report a damaged bin:
If you think your bin has been deliberately damaged or vandalised you should report it to the police.
If the bin can't be used because of the damage you’ll need to order a new bin. You will need a PSNI reference number to order a new bin. Once you get this number, select the burnt or stolen option in the order a bin online form.
Bin wasn't returned to its collection point
If you report that your bin hasn't been returned to its collection point, we'll try and return it to you within one working day.