Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group
Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group brings together representatives from more than 65 different organisations to agree in advance how they will work together to help the public in an emergency.
Our role is to prepare emergency plans for major disasters, both manmade and natural, such as:
- severe weather
- industrial accidents
- major transport accidents
- widespread human and animal health problems.
Through Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group the organisations also:
- share information about upcoming events in the city
- train and practice how they would respond in an emergency
- evaluate past emergency responses to try to improve how we work together, and
- work together to encourage people to be more prepared for emergencies.
Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group prepares regular progress reports to show the planning work that has been completed alongside details of incidents and events the group has supported.
Members of Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group
The following organisations are members of the Belfast Emergency Preparedness Group:
- Harbour Police (Port of Belfast)
- Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Northern Ireland Ambulance Service
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service
- Police Service of Northern Ireland.
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
- Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
- Health and Social Care Board
- Public Health Agency.
- Belfast City Centre Management
- Belfast Harbour Commissioners
- Coach operators
- Freight transport operators
- George Best Belfast City Airport.
Local and regional government departments and agencies
- Belfast City Council
- Belfast Education and Library Board
- Civil Contingencies Policy Branch (Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister)
- Coroners Service for Northern Ireland
- Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
- Department of Justice
- Department for Social Development Lagan Weir
- Department for Regional Development
- Executive Information Service (Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister)
- Forensic Science Service
- Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland
- Identity and Passport Service
- Land and Property Services
- Northern Ireland Assembly
- Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- Northern Ireland Office
- Rivers Agency
- State Pathologist's Office.
- Transport NI
- Northern Ireland Electricity
- Northern Ireland Water
- Phoenix Gas
- Premier Transmission Ltd
Voluntary and faith organisations
- Belfast Area Partnerships
- British Red Cross
- Bryson Charitable Group
- Chinese Welfare Association
- Lagan Search and Rescue
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Marie Curie Hospice
- Methodist Church in Ireland
- Northern Ireland Hospice
- NI 4X4 Response Club
- Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Radio Amateurs’ Emergency Network (RAYNET)
- Salvation Army
- Save the Children
- Simon Community
- St John Ambulance
- Victim Support Northern Ireland.
- Community Relations Council
- Greenwich Leisure Limited
- Met Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Odyssey Trust
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Titanic Quarter Limited.