Breaches of planning controls
We can investigate breaches of planning controls where:
- building work which needs planning permission is undertaken without approval
- conditions attached to a planning condition are not complied with
- the use of a building or site is changed without planning permission
- advertisements have been erected without consent
- buildings have been demolished within a Conservation Area or Area of Townscape Character without consent
- works have been carried out to a listed building without consent
- works are undertaken to a tree protected by a Tree Preservation Order or within a Conservation Area without consent.
We will investigate complaints about breaches of planning control. Planning enforcement is a complex area and the legal processes involved can be lengthy and complicated. An instant response or resolution cannot be guaranteed.
Making a complaint
If you would like to make a complaint about a breach of planning control, please write to us at:
Belfast Planning Service
Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not investigate anonymous complaints, complaints about civil disputes or matters covered by non-planning legislation.