We have temporary arrangements in place to protect your and our staff's health and safety, and to facilitate social distancing in line with current public health advice.
- There may be some queues and delays, so please co-operate with any traffic arrangements in place and the instructions from staff to allow vehicles to enter and exit our sites safely.
- Please separate your waste and recycling before you arrive at the recycling centre, to reduce any delays on site.
- Cars, including cars with single axle trailers under 1.8 metres long, can visit sites without booking.
- Vans and light goods vehicles are allowed to bring domestic waste, but must book before visiting a recycling centre. Please read our information and check if you need to book a slot for your vehicle.
- The number of vehicles on site at any one time will be restricted.
- Pedestrian access is temporarily suspended for health and safety reasons and to allow staff to control the number of visitors at each site.
- You will be responsible for unloading your own waste to maintain social distancing from staff. If you need help with a bulky item, we suggest that you bring a passenger.
- If you are self-isolating or have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) you should not visit a recycling centre or civic amenity site.
- Please show respect for our staff at all times. We have a zero tolerance policy on work related violence.
We have four centres you can use for recycling household waste. They are free to use.
|Alexandra Park Avenue
||180 Alexandra Park Avenue,
|1 Blackstaff Way,
|6 Park Road,
|2 - 4 Palmerston Road,
What can I bring to the recycling centre?
Please sort any recyclable waste before bringing it to recycling centres and please note that we cannot accept commercial waste.
|What can I bring to the recycling centre?
||Aluminium foil (clean)
||Batteries (household and car)
||Camping gas bottles
||Cans (steel and aluminium)
||CDs and books (for reuse)
|Electrical goods (small)
||Glass bottles and jars
||Household chemicals and pesticides (in original container, if possible)
||Household rubble, maximum quantity allowed is two 25kg bags
||Paints, varnish and white spirit
||TVs and monitors
||Tyres (maximum of two per visit)
||White goods (including fridges)
Our recycling centres don't accept rubble from construction, building or demolition sites.
Domestic oil tanks
*If disposing of an oil tank, you must follow this guidance from the NIEA.
There may be restrictions on the amount of items or materials we can accept. If you have a large amount of a particular type of waste to recycle, please contact us before travelling to the centre or ask a member of site staff.
Our re-use containers are open, but we are only able to accept a limited number of items including furniture and bicycles. Any items that you put in the re-use containers should be in a useable condition.
If you have other items including good quality furnishings, soft toys, games, or other bric-a-brac that you would like to dispose of, we advise you to donate these to local charity shops.
Items that are put into our re-use containers are usually sent for refurbishment or repair by community organisations, then sold by community organisations or charity shops.
All our recycling centres have a split-level design, making it easy for people to dispose of most types of waste without having to use steps.
Our four main recycling centres now have a dedicated carpet recycling skip.
The recycled material is collected, checked, weighed and baled for use in the equestrian sector for surfacing and animal bedding. It will also be used as acoustic insulation for buildings.
You can put these items into the carpet recycling skip:
- carpet tiles
You can't put these items into the carpet recycling skip:
- anything rubber backed
- gripper rods or batons
- nails or tacs
- wet or dirty carpet, mats or rugs. All items must be dry.
We do not accept these items because they can contaminate the skips and impact the quality of our recycling.