About our bulky waste collection service
We provide a free bulky waste collection service from households.
We are experiencing a high volume of requests for bulky waste collections and response times are taking longer than usual due to a backlog of requests. We have introduced COVID-19 (coronavirus) control measures to ensure the safety of the public and our staff.
What items can we collect?
We can collect a maximum of five items per household, per collection.
|Items we can collect
|Furniture (must be dry and covered)
|Mattresses (must be dry and covered)
|Carpet (must be dry and covered)
|Electrical appliances for example TVs
|White goods for example fridges, washing machines and cookers
|Items we can't collect
|Bagged household waste
|Builder's rubble, plaster board, bricks or soil
|Tyres and car parts
|Cardboard and packaging
|Batteries and fluorescent tubes
|Paint, pesticides and oil
|Garden waste or garden furniture
|Bathroom suites, kitchen units, radiators, doors and sheds
We also cannot collect:
- waste which is a result of work in your home, such as bathroom suites, kitchens or fireplaces
- excessive amounts of waste
If we can’t collect your item, you may be able to take it to one of our recycling centres
How to book a bulky waste collection
- Call us on 028 9027 0230 and tell us about the item(s) you would like us to collect.
- We will tell you if we can collect your item.
- We will give you a collection date and tell you where to leave your item.
Get your item(s) ready for us to collect
- You should leave all items out at least 72 hours before your collection day.
- Make sure items are outside your property at your normal bin collection point, or in the place we have asked you to leave it if this is different They should be all in one place and easy to reach.
- If possible, please cover items like mattresses with something waterproof, as these can get very heavy if left in the rain. We will also take away any coverings as part of the collection.
- Make sure there is enough space outside your property for our lorry.
- Remove any nails from wood or furniture.
- Tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood like old furniture units.
As we can't enter parts of your home, like garages and sheds, you must leave items outside your property. And we can't collect items other than those you told us about when you made your booking.
Following these guidelines will make sure we’re able to collect your items.
Donating unwanted items
Avoid sending your unwanted items to landfill, by .donating them to a local charity or not-for-profit organisation.