Young people: Social Mobility Business Partnership
This programme provides year 13 students (or equivalent), living in Belfast or attending school or learning centres in Belfast, with an opportunity to carry out a structured week of work experience with some of Belfast’s leading employers including UTV, PwC, Herbert Smith Freehills and BT. Each day you will work with these employers to develop a different range of employability skills.
On the fifth day, you will spend a day with Ulster Rugby to learn about the psychology of resilience.
Lunch and travel will be provided for the week.
All participants will also benefit from ongoing mentoring and coaching support with completing application forms, interviewing and completing personal statements from industry professionals. An online coaching platform will also support you through your journey to a career.
This programme will provide you with the chance to:
- go through a recruitment and selection process and receive support to develop your interview skills
- gain an insight into what it is like to work in leading global companies
- provide help and support to get a wide range of experiences that will develop your employability skills and look great on your CV
- enhance your employability skills and maximise chances of developing a rewarding future career
- positively shape a pathway for career progression.
Visit Ulster Rugby to hear from some of last year’s participants in the programme.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be in Year 13 (or equivalent).
- Attend school in Belfast or live in Belfast.
- 5 GCSEs Grades A-C including Maths and English.
- be entitled to Free School Meals.
- be the first generation in family to go to university.
How to apply
If you experience any issues with this form please contact: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Saturday 29 February 2020 at 23:59
Next steps for those who have applied
Students will be invited to attend an information session regarding this programme and the support that will be provided, on 12 March 2020 at City Hall.
Interviews will be held between 24 and 25 March in 9 Adelaide, Belfast City Council, 9-21 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8DJ.
You will be contacted directly by 10 April 2020 to be told whether or not you have successfully secured an interview.
Work experience opportunities for all successful interviewees is yet to be finalised but most likely will be 29 June 2020 – 3 July 2020.
To find out more about this programme, visit the SMBP website or contact Economic Development on 028 9027 0482.