From 1 June 2017 to 30 September 2017 the tour times will be:
- Monday to Friday: 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12 noon, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
Led by an experienced guide, tours last around an hour and include the history of Belfast City Hall and its finest features. The tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visitors must register 10-15 minutes before the tour is due to depart at the Main Reception of City Hall.
Although public tours of City Hall are free of charge, donations are kindly accepted for the development of the tour service. Donation boxes can be found at the main City Hall reception desk.
The tour service on bank holidays and public holidays is subject to change.
Tours for commercial tour operators
Private tours are offered to commercial tour operators at a charge. For information about charges, availability and to make a booking, please email or phone a member of our team. All tours for commercial tour operators must be booked in advance and outside of public tour times.
Tours for community, church and school groups
Private tours are offered for these groups free of charge. Groups must have between 10 and 50 people.
For information about charges, availability and to make a booking, please email or phone a member of our team. All private tours must be booked in advance and outside of public tour times.
Tours available in Irish on request.
Visitors can access City Hall via the front entrance on Donegall Square North and the back gate at Donegall Square South.
The main passenger lift will be out of use at the beginning of 2017. If any members of your tour group need to use a lift during this time, contact our Civic HQ staff.
City Hall is accessible to disabled users and visitors.
- ramps at the front and rear entrances
- wheelchair-friendly lift access to all floors
- main passenger lift fitted with voice enunciation and embossed lift controls
- adapted toilets
- automatic door openers on all main access routes within the building
- an induction loop system at our reception area and in our main rooms for those with hearing impairments
- staff trained in sign language (British Sign Language)
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are also available upon request; ask at our main reception area for more information.