Bridges Urban Sports Park
Like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date with our news and events.
The Bridges Skate Park will be closing for essential maintenance from Monday 18 September and will open again on Saturday 23 September.
The park is located under the M3 flyover at the junction of Little Patrick Street and Corporation Street (near Custom House Square).
The park provides facilities for skateboarding, in-line skating, Parkour and BMXing. It also includes a capsule bowl and street complex, complete with handrails, hips, quarter pipes, grind boxes and hubbas. We're open from 7.30am to 11pm everyday.
Orangefield Park and Victoria Park are open 24/7. The rest of our parks open at 7.30am and close at the following times throughout the year.
|18 September - 1 October 2017
|2 October - 15 October 2017
|16 October - 22 October 2017
|23 October - 29 October 2017
|30 October - 12 November
|13 November - 31 December 2017
The park can be accessed at the junction between Little Patrick Street and Corporation Street. There is a car park directly beside Bridges Urban Sports Park, which costs £3 per day between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. It is free to use after 6.30pm and at weekends.
We worked with Belfast Urban Sports, a charity made up of expert urban sports enthusiasts, to develop Northern Ireland’s first urban sports park and make it a world-class, state-of-the-art facility. The project has three main funders: European Union Programme for Peace and Reconciliation (2007-2013), Better Belfast Landfill Tax Credit Fund, from Bryson Charitable Group and the council's capital programme.
The site was designed and built by Freestyle Skateparks, who have previously worked on some of the UK's leading urban sports parks.
- The park is for Parkour, skateboarding, in-line skating and BMXing. No other vehicles, including motorised scooters, are permitted.
- If you’re under 11 years old, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Don’t take food or drinks onto the ramps or bowl.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment at all times (a minimum of a helmet).
- Be courteous towards less-experienced park users.
- If concrete surfaces are wet, don’t ride or skate.
- Don’t stand at the coping of the bowl or at the bottom of any ramps.
- Don’t use the park when under the influence of alcohol or any substances that could affect your co-ordination.
- If you fall and aren’t injured, get up and move to the side as quickly as possible.
- Make sure your equipment is well maintained, any failures could harm others around you.
- All users of the park are equal, regardless of age, ability or your chosen sport.
- Be aware of others around you and wait your turn.
- Be cautious when crossing the ramp areas to avoid collisions.
- Spectators should watch from the designated areas.
We do not accept liability for injury or damage incurred when using the park and users of the facility do so at their own risk. If you don’t observe these rules, we’ll ask you to leave the park.
028 9032 0202 (extension 3417)