Events, photography and filming
Our parks are perfect for:
If you would like to organise an event in one of our parks or open spaces, contact us.
You can discuss your event with our team, check availability and secure it. We will also advise you on which documents you will need to complete, such as the 24 point event plan or small event action plan.
Depending on the type of event you are planning and the number of people you want to attend, a legal requirement may need to be drawn up, which has an administration fee of around £30. For non-profit making organisations, there is normally no charge to use any of our parks.
You must also complete our risk assessment form and provide us with a copy of your public liability insurance for any events. The Outdoor Leisure team will advise you about any additional documents that may be needed, such as employers' liability insurance, food hygiene and equipment certificates.
Our Park Events Small Grants Scheme offers grants of up to £3,000. This scheme is open to non-political organisations in Belfast, such as community, youth and church groups, to hold an event in one of our parks.
Take your wedding day photographs in one of our parks for only £19.20 for a two hour slot.
You must get written permission to use any of our parks as a location for wedding photography. Please book well in advance to secure your date and location.
If you book Botanic Gardens, this doesn't include use of the inside of the Palm House and the Tropical Ravine.
How to book your photography
Follow these steps to book your wedding photography in one of our parks.
- Call us on 028 9032 0202 extension 3539 or 3513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if the date you would like to book is available.
- If your date is available, we'll send you a booking form and request a payment of £19.20. You can pay by card or by cheque.
- Once we receive your form and payment, we'll send you a letter of permission for your photography. You must bring the letter along on the day. Your booking isn't confirmed until you receive your permission letter.
- You must bring the letter along on the day, as you’ll need to present the letter to a member of staff.
Download our full terms and conditions for booking photography in our parks (PDF - 66KB)
We have no objections to filming or commercial photography in our parks, as long as you get permission. Applications must be submitted in writing at least five working days in advance for filming or photography involving five people or less. This includes crew and subjects of the filming or photography.
Applications must be submitted in writing at least 20 working days in advance for filming or photography involving six people or more. This includes crew and subjects of the filming or photography. Public liability insurance must be produced and a charge may be levied if the filming is for commercial purposes.
The following fees are valid until 31 March 2017:
- TV productions, commercials and small films - £42.40 per hour
- Commercial photography - £20.20 per hour
- Commercial photography at Belfast Castle or Malone House - £125 per shoot
- Palm House - £101 per hour.