Belfast Local Development Plan
We are responsible for developing a Local Development Plan for Belfast, working with local people, to create a clear vision of how the council area should develop and what it will look like in the years to come.
The Local Development Plan will:
- provide a 15-year plan framework to support economic and social needs in the city
- facilitate growth by coordinating public and private investment to encourage development where it can be of most benefit to the wellbeing of the community
- allocate sufficient land to meet the needs of the city
- provide an opportunity for all stakeholders, including the public, to have a say about where and how development within the local area should take place
- provide a plan-led framework for rational and consistent decision making
- deliver the spatial aspects of The Belfast Agenda, the city's community plan.
Publication of submissions to draft Plan Strategy
Under Regulation 17 of the Local Development Plan Regulations, all submissions received during the public consultation on the draft Plan Strategy for the Belfast Local Development Plan were available to view in our Planning Office from 12noon on Friday 1 March to 12noon on Friday 26 April 2019.
Counter representations received during the above consultation period have now been published for inspection under Regulation 19 of the Local Development Plan Regulations.
You can view all counter representations on our draft Plan Strategy responses web page or during normal office hours at our Belfast Planning Offices (Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast).
All submissions received during the public consultation on the draft Plan Strategy for the Belfast Local Development Plan, which ran from 20 September 2018 to 15 November 2018, are also available to view on our draft Plan Strategy responses web page.
There is no opportunity to make further representations at this stage.
Local Development Plan process
Ongoing engagement and community consultation is an important element of the Belfast Local Development Plan.
Here are the key pieces of work carried out so far: