Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards 2017
The Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards, supported by Volunteer Now, are an opportunity for Belfast-based community and voluntary groups and organisations to recognise their volunteers who are aged 60 years and over.
The awards celebrate the considerable contribution and positive impact that older volunteers make to the work of a wide variety of Belfast organisations and groups.
The 2017 award categories are:
- The Older Volunteer of the Year award recognises an individual volunteer whose contribution over the last 12 months has made a significant difference to the work of the nominating organisation.
- The Marie Mathews participation award aims to recognise a volunteer who embodies the true spirit of volunteering, either through volunteering for a number of groups or through actively encouraging others to be involved. It can also be someone whose length of volunteer service deserves to be recognised.
- The Arts and Culture award recognises a volunteer who makes a difference through the arts, culture or creative projects.
- The Take 5 Active Ageing award aims to recognise a volunteer who is involved in a project which improves physical, mental or emotional health.
- The team or group award celebrates two or more volunteers who are involved in the same project, programme or service within an organisation.
Make a nomination
You can submit your nomination online or by post.
The closing date for entries is 4.30pm on Friday 20 October 2017.
Please read our entry guidelines before submitting your nomination.
For more information about the Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards, call us on 028 9032 0202 extension 3775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter by email
Download and email your completed form to email@example.com
Enter by post
Download and post your completed form to:
Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards
Belfast City Council
The Cecil Ward Building
4-10 Linenhall Street
|| Nominated by
|Older Volunteer of the Year Award
|Marie Mathews Participation Award
||Glen Community Centre Women's 50+ group
|Health and Well Being
|Creativity and Culture
||The Alzheimer's Society
||Newington Day Centre Volunteers
||Newington Day Centre